THE PROBLEM

Manaaging the mobile mediation process can be extremely time consuming and difficult, especially within our massive, enterprise Console product.

THE IDEA

Leveraging our API, we could build an application outside of Console that simplified this important process for our clients, saving them valuable time, which would allow them to focus on other aspects of their business.

MY ROLE

  • UX Design and Research – Responsible for research, testing and all other UX deliverables for the product.
  • Visual Design – Created new theme and visual style for an AppNexus application, while still designing withing our branding guidelines.
  • Front-End – Established a front-end framework and owned all HTML/CSS for the application.

THE APPROACH

Throughout the initial testing of our MVP, a constant them was noted: Speed is king. When working in Console, access to specific campaigns would be nested deep within the application. The number of steps it took to locate and manage a specific campaign was a huge concern.

In our initial tests we noticed users uniquely naming their campaigns as a way to easily locate and identify them. Due to the large quantity of them, they were looking for a way to quickly identity them. It was clear campaign filtering and search would be vital to their workflow. Neither of these features were as prominent in our inital designs. The first step was to create a filtering system, shown below.

FILTERS

The filters resulted in a huge decrease in time spent locating and managing campaigns, but the real key was going to be search. It needed to be upfront, discoverable and provide instant results. We tested a few options and found the greatest performance with the layout below.

INSIGHTS TO DELIGHT

We greatly simplified the process to manage campaigns within ANM, however, many clients were still optimizing hundreds per advertiser. Gathering insights regarding performance and revenue was crucial. Allowing a user to quickly log in, review the current status of all their campaigns was extremely valuable. We received many feature requests for reporting, quick graphs and status updates for any campaigns with issues. The result of this work was the dashboard shown below.